Saturday, July 8, 2017

Falling Down

Week 2- Day 1 & Day 2 complete, Day 3- incomplete. I was so looking forward to running this morning, but alas I came down with cold yesterday. At first I felt like a failure. I had been doing so well, and the thought of skipping a day felt like defeat. I didn’t want to be a failure, so I thought I should just suck it up and go running. But, I knew that was a foolish idea. And it was a foolish way to look at my situation. I can’t help that I got sick, that is beyond my control. But I can still choose to make wise decisions. I could have gone running, but I probably would have felt a lot worse, thus slowing my recovery time. I decided it was better to rest, and hope that I will feel ready for next week!
In the past, when roadblocks would come across my path, I would easily get discouraged and use it as an excuse to quit. This roadblock will be a good test for me. So instead of viewing this cold with disdain, I am choosing to view it as a challenge to my character. As soon as I feel better, I WILL get back on the road, and I will NOT give up! I love this quote by Basilea Schlink:
“Do not be lazy. Run each day’s race with all your might, so that at the end you will receive the victory wreath from God. Keep on running even when you have had a fall. The victory wreath is won by him who does not stay down, but always gets up again, grasps the banner of faith and keeps on running in the assurance that Jesus is Victor.”

Besides this cold, I have had a good week. On Monday I decided to ride my bike before going on my run. That was not the best idea because my legs felt like cement during my run, lol. Wednesday was great, I could really feel my endurance building! On Thursday, I made some calls and it looks like I’ll be able to put together a 5K event for my sister! I got in touch with a woman who has been hoping to put a 5K together for the special needs community for quite some time. She told me I was a God send, and I told her the same! It never ceases to amaze me how God works in our lives. He already had this orchestrated before it came to my mind! God is good! I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to look into this. It’s only at the beginning stages, but I’m excited to start working on it! To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. I will remember your words so it brings encouragement to my days! Love Mom!!

    ReplyDelete